Pravovedenie is a journal for fundamental research on both legal theory and practical matters. We provide a coverage of topical issues from a traditional academic perspective. The journal encourages transdisciplinary enquiry characterized by relevance, timeliness, and novelty. The journal is also distinguished by its adherence to the traditions of good scholarly language and style.
The journal is firmly established as one of the leading and most reputable periodicals in its field. The Legal Studies has a more than 50-years history of keeping its readers in touch with the recent developments of legal theory. We also publish classical scholarship of outstanding Russian and international authors, dissertation reviews, conference papers, and notices about law schools’ research activities.
The Editorial Board maintains strong links with prominent Russian and foreign experts, which ensures the relevance of our articles and allows to promptly publish translations of the most notable foreign papers. When selecting materials for publication, we prioritize those articles that have an international perspective on the legal issue under consideration.
The Legal Studies is included into the list of periodicals recommended by Russia’s Higher Assessment Committee for publication of articles required to qualify for a doctoral or post-doctoral degree.
The journal is also included into the Russian Science Citation Index.
- Concepts of Law - articles and essays on the salient issues of philosophy and legal theory
- Law and Politics - theoretical articles by state officials, public figures, and prominent scholars on the strategy and efficiency of legal reforms
- Topical Issues of Public and Private Law - articles by Russian and international scholars on the fundamental problems of the legal doctrine, the legislative process and application of law; the articles provide a comprehensive analysis of the issue in question and consider the approaches exercised by various schools of thought; this section can be used as a forum for public discussion; the articles are divided into subsections by topics
- History of Law - articles on the historic institutions of law; research into the history of Russian law and archive materials are the main focus
- History of Legal Thought - articles and essays on the history of legal theories, history of philosophy and legal theory of the 20th century; the section pays special attention to the study of St. Petersburg school of legal philosophy
- Comparative Law - articles by the leading Russian and international scholars on comparative analysis of modern legal systems
- Topical Issues of Legal Education and Research - reference and analytical materials on the standards of legal education, successful projects of the leading Russian and foreign law schools, the activities of legal education associations and regional legal education councils, and the activities of Russia’s Higher Assessment Committee
- Academia - materials and notices of the most interesting research conferences and round tables; reviews of dissertations and research publications; reviews of legal literature recently released; information on prominent personalities
The is the official web-site of the Legal Studies journal.
The reuse, republication or distribution of the materials published on the official web-site requires prior written consent of the Publisher. The Publisher enjoys an exclusive right to use the materials submitted for publication and processed by the Editorial Board. The violation of these rights is punishable by law.